As your researcher, my goals are to first gather and evaluate family and historical information you already have and help you define your objectives, then to conduct the research and provide you with fully documented results.
Do you want to confirm (or refute) family "legends"? Do you hope to trace one or more family lines into the past? Do you want to identify and perhaps locate descendants of your ancestors' siblings?
40+ years experience in traditional genealogical research methods
15+ years conducting research online
Access to data collections containing millions of records
Skill in evaluating evidence and developing search strategies
Excellent reputation as a volunteer in the online genealogical research community
• Ancestral Research
• Descendancy Research
• Location of Living Relative
• Family Tree Charts
• Ancestor and Descendant Charts
• Genealogical Reports (Narrative)
• Historical Timelines
• Document Acquisition and Reproduction
• Transcription of Source Documents
• Genealogical and Historical Displays
• Special Projects upon request
Reports include complete citation of sources consulted. Conclusions are clarified where documentation is not sufficiently self-explanatory.
• U. S. Censuses, 1790 through 1940
• Selected State Censuses
• Historical Newspaper Collections
• Vital Records
• City / County Directories and Histories
• Family and Local History Databases
• Cemetery Records
• Social Security Death Index
• Property Records
• Ellis Island and Castle Garden Databases
• Ship Manifests
• Naturalization Records
• Civil War Service Records
... and many more
HOURLY FEE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $40
All work is charged at the hourly fee, including
research, correspondence, preparation of charts,
EXPENSES . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Cost
Expenses will be charged at cost. Typical costs include
long distance telephone charges, postage, third-party
fees for copies of vital records and other documents,
printing and copying, and travel. Note that the regular
hourly fee is charged for time spent on tasks associated
with these charges.
Mary's skill in making connections between past and present unearths treasures of information for the seeker.
- - Madeline Littlefield, Client
... a charitable genealogical expert.
- - William B. Lord, Researcher
My life has been profoundly affected by Mary's exraordinary retrieval of a document to the Third Reich signed on September 29th, 1933, by the esteemed Rabbi Leo Baeck, my beloved Uncle Rudolf Callmann, and five of their Jewish colleagues.
- - Dorothy Callman, M.A.
Clinical Psychology, Santa Barbara
Her spirit of helpfulness abounds.
- - Mary Modlin, List Administrator
Grant County Wisconsin
Genealogical Mailing List